Wednesday, April 3, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Dammi Quan


DJ Dammi Quan and Paparazzi 
If you have never been to Dammi's sets I hope you soon get the chance. Dammi has been filling in here and there but has been DJing since 2011. I caught Dammi recently at the Whiskey Smash and it was full of life and energy! I hope to see her back out there soon!



Are you DJing currently and where? Not anymore but I will if and when I can!

When did you start DJing? When I was invited to by some friends. That was in the winter of 2011!

First Club? A place called the Tokoloshe! It had a great big stage!

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing? Probably myself during my magic hour show! After getting inside a big wooden box and having an assistant saw me in half!

Favorite music? I like songs about love and understanding. Or the lack thereof!

Influences? Elvis Presley and Mother Theresa lately!

What do you listen to at home? Usually the set of songs that I created for the last show that I did. And a few radio stations near me!

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set? No. I collect new music regularly and put it in my shows. Then I mix in some favorites that I have along with those!

When can we hear you DJ usually? You can't right now but that could change at any minute!

Cream and sugar or black? I always take 2 sugars and cream. Never black! 

Cat or Dog? Definately dog!

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it? As of this writing it would have to be my awesome blue DuckBoat! Because it sure beats the hell out of driving!

Best SL Memory?Learning to build and script things successfully!


Thanks for taking time with us Dammi and hope to hear you spin sometime soon!!


Photo by Dammi Quan

No comments:

Post a Comment