Sunday, March 24, 2013

DJ Exclusive: ElizaRose Gloom

Club Owner and DJ, ElizaRose Gloom Chillin

Today we are interviewing ElizaRose Gloom, the owner of The Hanky Panky Room and DJ at the same. Verde and I love the Hanky Panky Room and the cast of DJ's that Eliza has had over the years. I am a Smith's fan so I have had no problems catching specialized Smith sets, or Eliza's brand of Indie. We love to support the MANY events that Eliza puts together and also love the sense of community she brings with this years Pub Crawl! But don't get it twisted, Eliza gets her curvy Danger Dolls in order for true Broadway style cabaret renditions of the classics. We are glad Eliza takes time to bring her love of music to an artistic and super-sexy backdrop at the Hanky Panky Room.

Here is Eliza's Interview:


Are you DJing currently and where? Yes! Hanky Panky Room every Monday 8pmslt 

When did you start DJing? About 3 1/2 years ago at my own vintage burlesque venue The Doll House  

First Club? The Doll House  

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing? Hmmm... this is SL.. so hard to zero in on ONE unusual thing! 

Favorite music? I am a child of the 80's! I am a huge fan of new wave and post-punk. Though I do love so many new bands that I suppose would be considered "indie". I use that term loosely just because I think it has a different meaning to many people. Is it the SOUND of the music .. or a technical term regarding records labels? I don't know... I kinda don't care.. I just love MUSIC. My all time favorite band of all time though is The Smiths.
 
What do you listen to at home? Everything from retro, indie to standards.  

Do you have a regular set you will go to? One set I rarely miss is Stacia Reinoir. If she's spinning.. I will most likely be right there.  

When can we hear you DJ usually? HPR Mondays @ 8pmslt 

Cream and sugar or black? Cream and sugar ;) 

Cat or Dog? Both! 

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it? Hmmm.. I guess the cliche chick answer would have to be some pair of shoes. You know.. I think it'd totally be my owl who takes up residence at HPR. :)  

Thanks for the insight ElizaRose and be sure to come out to the Hanky Panky Room to catch Eliza and her cast and crew of DJ's, and look for Danger Dolls events to catch the artistic burlesque!

Photography by Verde Otaared/Piedmont Cartauld

No comments:

Post a Comment