Saturday, March 23, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Stacia Reinoir


DJ Stacia Reinoir in at Alt7  


Verde and I first heard Stacia at the Hanky Panky Room and just loved her music so much we tried to be regulars! We catch her frequently also at Alt7 and always look for her notices. Stacia's sets are very well prepared and her theme nights always come off in fashion! Verde and I love catching Stacia's sets and hope you will go check her out for yourself!

This is What Stacia said...

Are you DJing currently and where?  I am a DJ and manager at the Hanky Panky Room and I Dj at Alt7. 

When did you start DJing?  I got a "job" as a hostess in an OOC club on a science fiction RP sim. I showed up up to work for the first time and the DJ didn't. Since I hung around music clubs, I had read some stuff online about streaming music with WinAmp and lied and told the sim owner I could DJ. 

Elfy DJ Stacia Reinoir
First Club?  I don't remember the name but it was an OOC club on a sim that did science fiction RP stuff, mostly Star Trek stuff. It was mostly me and a lot of geeky guys who I don't think really cared what I was playing. The people were nice to me, considering I really didn't know what I was doing. 

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing?  Unusual means something completely different in Second Life. LOL I did have a giant bird at a set once. That was kind of cool. 

Favorite music?  Oh man, that's really a hard question. I have been a fan of electronic music since forever, and that's actually what I played when I first started DJing in here. I found indie music after wandering around Second Life and discovering some of the coolest music clubs in world. 

Influences?  My biggest influences are probably Anais Nin and Leisha Hailey. 

What do you listen to at home?  All sorts of stuff. Right now I have Mount Moriah's Miracle Temple CD in my car stereo. I love the singer's voice, she is just so open and emtional. The music is nice and kinda all over the place, so it doesn't get boring. 

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?  Every Wednesday and Sunday, plus ocassional special events. 

When can we hear you DJ usually?  Wednesdays at 7pm SLT for the Hanky Panky Room and Sundays at 6pm SLT for Alt7. 

Cream and sugar or black?  As black as hell and as sweet as a stolen kiss. My grandfather claimed that was an old Polish saying. 

Cat or Dog?  I have a tuxedo cat name Mr Socks (no period) and I'm pretty sure his name makes him sad. 

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?  I think I'd rather take the ability to shove my entire closet into my pocket. That would be handy in real life.  

So show up to The Hanky Panky Room Wednesdays and Alt7 on Sundays to hear Stacia's tunes!

Photography by Verde Otaared/ Piedmont Cartauld

No comments:

Post a Comment