Friday, March 22, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Ophelia Balczo

Ophelia getting down at the Velvet
Verde and I have gone to many of Ophelia's sets and always enjoy the time she takes to put together a great mix. Ophelia brings her style every week at the Velvet on Sunday's 1-3pm. Ophelia did a Prince theme one Sunday and I now have a Prince avatar in my inventory thanks to her! So be sure to know what the theme is as you may be able to dress to meet the music that is spinning, and otherwise be ready to dance and enjoy some great tunes.

Here is what Ophelia said:


Are you DJing currently and where?  I DJ at the Velvet from 1-3PM on Sundays 

When did you start DJing?  First Club?  I first started in the fall of 2011 at Transmission. After that, I DJ'd at AAI for a little bit then got a regular gig at Hanky Panky Room.  

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing?  In SL it's really hard to say what is unusual, lol. 

Ophelia and her Broccoli Tip Jar in Sight!
Favorite music?  I have eclectic taste. I like new wave and 80s and postpunk a lot, but also soul, hip hop, indie, 60s, etc. There are few genres I don't like.  

Influences?  Hard to say... the best radio DJs I guess from vintage college stations. Great dance DJs too. I like fun and suprises. 

What do you listen to at home?  Oh, lots of everything. My sets are reflective of how varied my listening is. Swedish pop, 90s hip hop, obscure Belgian new wave. 

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?  My main set! Sundays 1-3 are really fun. My favorite is once a month when I do a set devoted to a single artist.

Cream and sugar or black?  Lots of flavored cream :) 

Cat or Dog?  Cats only, all day. 

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?  I have a pair of spiky pink heels that are amazing. If I could walk in 8 inch heels...


Be sure to get to the Velvet on Sundays and catch Ophelia's set! See you there!


Photos by Verde Otaared/Piedmont Cartauld 

No comments:

Post a Comment