Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Casja Lilliehook

Cajsa Lilliehook DJ extraordinaire at THE VELVET

I have caught several of Casja's Sunday and Monday sets at Velvet and la la love them. I am a big jazz fan so I turn her music up loud and let it rip through the house on Sundays. Casja has great taste in music and in fashion as she helps so many with blogging second life blog. Here is what Casja said:


Are you DJing currently and where? Yes, at The Velvet 

When did you start DJing? In 2008 

First Club? Hypnoz. It closed a few years ago. 

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing? I DJ'ed a a furry club once, though I don't know if that's really unusual - not in Second Life. I have also DJ'ed a few children's parties, which might be more unusual. I DJ at The Velvet where one of our regulars is a car and a favorite DJ is a spider. 
 
Favorite music?  Hard question. I love just about everything. My first answer is the blues, but for me, music is so much a time of day thing. In the morning I listen to jazz, in the afternoon, singer/songwriter and alternative stuff and in the evening I generally like more raucous music like rock.  

Influences?  For my musical taste? My family I guess. My dad was a singer and banjo player for a local band that played barn dances. He sang folk music and bluegrass, mostly. On my mom's side, there are opera singers, classical pianists, country musicians who played at the Opry and even a children's folk singer. My parents played all kinds of music, so did my siblings. My sister has subscribed to Rolling Stone since it’s founding and I grew up reading it.  

What do you listen to at home?  Jazz, blues, R&B, Alternative, Rock, Motown, Folk, Zydeco, World music, Classical. Frankly, it's easier to list what I don't listen to.  

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?  No, I save my sets, but I don't reuse them. I enjoy the process of creating a set.  

When can we hear you DJ usually? Sunday mornings from 9 to 11 AM and Mondays from 5 to 7 PM at the Velvet.  Sundays I stick to jazz and Mondays I play anything. 
Cream and sugar or black? Black
 
Cat or Dog? Cat 

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?  Tough one. Perhaps a dance hud so I can dance ALL the dances gracefully.  

Photo from   http://www.flickr.com/photos/cajsa_lilliehook

Thank you Casja and hit the Velvet  to hear Casja's sets Sundays 9-11 and Mondays 5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment