Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Teri Ninetails


DJ Teri Ninetails

I have seen and heard Teri "The Professor" Ninetails at the Velvet and The Dirty Glass and always get to hear songs I love.Teri does great mixes that are as eclectic as her Terry Gilliam looking DJ Booth she designed! Verde and I caught her recently and had a great time as she stayed on a bit longer for the next DJ to show up. 

Are you DJing currently and where?
I'm DJing my ass off! My regular gigs, right now, are at the Dirty Glass on Thursday nights, and the Velvet on Fridays.

When did you start DJing?
Ha ha... well, I haven't been at it very long, honestly. I started in late September or October of 2012, I think. I remember it was before Halloween, but after my birthday.
Behind her own designed DJ Booth

First Club?
The Velvet! The only place I've played consistently from the start.

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing?
There was that one night where everyone had plungers. Some where holding them, some were wearing them. Toilet plungers. I'd try to explain, but it wouldn't make any more sense.

Favorite music?
I like things that are upbeat. If it's something you'd listen to that would keep you awake on a long drive, or something they'd play in a movie behind a barfight, that'd be my style. Genre doesn't matter, so much as energy.

Influences?
Probably my biggest influences was the radio I used to listen to as a courier. I'd drive "emergency rush" files from office to office, between Baltimore and Washington DC. If I had an emergency in the afternoon, I'd sometimes be stuck for hours, so I had to play some music to keep myself awake at the wheel.

What do you listen to at home?
The same stuff I play for my audience! I'm exactly what I make myself out to be. When I DJ, you're basically listening to what I play for myself.

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?
Oh, absolutely not. Every week I make a playlist, then check it against my playlist from the week before to make sure there's not too many duplicates. It'd be impossible for me to play the same set twice, and I do it that way on purpose.

When can we hear you DJ usually?
I work a lot, so only in the SL Afternoons; my RL job takes up most of my time, from 3:30 AM to 1:30 PM SLT every weekday (I THINK I calculate those times right). The best time for me, and the time both of my regular gigs happen to fall on, is from 5 to 7 SLT.

Cream and sugar or black?
Lots of cream and lots of sugar. I don't much care for the taste of coffee, but I need it when I have to wake up so early and work such long days.

Cat or Dog?
That's hard to choose. I love all animals so very much. But I'd probably have to pick dog, only because of my three very sweet puppies that I snuggle daily.

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?
My Novatech TARDIS. It'd be my mode of transportation AND my house. And it can fly.

So come hear Teri at The Velvet and The Dirty Glass and enjoy a well thought through set!  

Teri has some very clever items on Marketplace as wellhttps://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/137412




Photos by Verde Otaared

No comments:

Post a Comment