Thursday, April 25, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Dana Mureaux




DJ Dana Mureaux dancing at The Hotel Chelsea
Dana Mureaux is a DJ at Virtual Hotel Chelsea where the Bohemians and artists get together and let loose! I know Dana is an extremely talented builder in SL (I saw her temple she built! HUGE!!) and I am sure to get to a set of hers soon to hear for myself! I know Dana is quite funny as she is great in local chat and no doubt brings the feelings to her sets! Here is Dana's exclusive.....



Are you DJing currently and where?  I am DJing at the Hotel Chelsea roof stage on Sundays at 7PM SL time. 

When did you start DJing?  I first started DJing in RL at a bar I owned. Did it for several years. Started DJing in SL soon after I first came in, five years ago. Kept it up sporadically for a few years, then stopped for a year or so. Now I'm doing it again, but just once a week at the Chelsea. 

First Club? It was called Just-US, or maybe that was the sim's name. Or both. 

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing?  Well, I've seen some spectacularly hermaphroditic avies, and once I danced with a very realistic dog avie for an hour or so. Looked pretty strange at the time. 

Favorite music?  I don't really have a favorite genre of music. I like everything from blues to industrial to zydeco to big band to rock and pop. 

Influences? I don't know that I have any influences beyond whatever stray notion strikes me at the moment. 

What do you listen to at home?  Mostly my goddam neighbors! Just kidding, heh. I don't really listen to music that much. Mostly I read or I fart around on the Internet. 

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?     No, I compose each set over the course of several hours, paying close attention to segues. I tend to overdo things. But what the hell,      it keeps me off the streets. :) 

When can we hear you DJ usually?  Duh, at the Chelsea on Sundays. 

Cream and sugar or black?  Plenty of both cream and sugar, and usally three or more huge mugs a day. 

Cat or Dog?     I had a wonderful kitty boy for nineteen years until he passed away three years ago.  

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?  My shape! Because I'm older than Methuselah's underwear and at my age my shape is basically like a sack of potatoes. :) 

Best SL Memory?  Buying my current sim, which was ridiculously expensive, but it's the sim of my dreams. Has protected ocean sims on two sides, is half water, best mainland sim I've ever seen. I built an outrageously huge temple on it, and I rent out several large parcels to sailing  enthusiasts (mostly). My SL experience is very pleasing to me.   


Thank you Dana for the great interview and lets all get over to Hotel Chelsea and hear whats going on!


Photo by Verde Otaared   

No comments:

Post a Comment