Friday, April 26, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Bionic Merlin


Bionic in Pose at Dick-Sandwhich

I caught Bionic at the Dirty Glasss a few weeks back. Verde and I have heard Bionic a few times back in the day at the Pour House and recently caught up with Bionic at Dick-Sandwhich. It was good to catch up and we look forward to hearing more from Bionic very soon. Here is the interview.



Are you DJing currently and where?

Yes. The Lifestone, Privilege S&M, Steel Toad, The DirtyGlass, and occasionally Social Scene.


When did you start DJing?  2009


First Club?  My first long-term assignment was back in 2009 at a BDSM club/store, which was generally deserted.


Most unusual thing you saw while DJing?  Most likely a German transgendered person I know who'd come into Pour House wearing very VERY large attachments.


Favorite music? I'm a rabid DEVO fan.  I would go see them regularly in JB's in Kent.  Also like old Black Sabbath and Deep Purple a lot.  I go with punk or metal most of the time.  Other times I get in an electronic mood and play industrial or psytrance.  I don't deal with dubstyle at all because it brings up memories I'd rather not dwell on.


Influences?  Dead Boys, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, DEVO, Bowie, Iggy Pop, Combichrist,


What do you listen to at home?  I listen to what I'm playing in SL at home mostly.  At work I play streams on I<3 Radio at lunch time.


Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?  Not really.  I shoot from the hip.  Generally poking me during the beginning of a set will get you a random bunch of stuff that'll be playing until I actually pick something.  ;)


When can we hear you DJ usually? 4:00 - 6:00


Cream and sugar or black? Strong and black!


Cat or Dog? Dog


If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?  The DJ booth that Zahava had built for me.


Best SL Memory?  Sunrunner Savira, my "toy".  Any memory about her.  Any memory about Zahava Wylder.


Thanks Bionic and I look forward to seeing and hear you at your club! Come out and hear for yourself all you willing avi's!


Photo by Verde Otaared

No comments:

Post a Comment