Sunday, April 21, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Pepper Chaffe




Verde and I were residents at the Virtual Chelsea Hotel for over a year and we got to meet some great Bohemians and artists! One of the sculpture artists there is also a DJ at the Chelsea Hotel Pepper Chaffe! We have both been to Peppers sets in the past and it is always a blast! Here is Pepper's interview:


Are you DJing currently and where? The El Quijote Lounge (Hotel Chelsea) 

When did you start DJing? January 2013 

First Club? El Quijote Lounge  Most unusual thing you saw while DJing? Probably my own reflection.....sometimes I scare myself 

Favorite music? Mostly classic rock from the 60's and 70's as well as some of the more obscure bands from that era  Influences? Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Joe Bonamassa, Grateful Dead 

What do you listen to at home? All of the above, but I always look for "new" material

When can we hear you DJ usually? Saturday evenings @ the El Quijote Lounge from 6 PM  SLT til ??? 

Cream and sugar or black? Black 

Cat or Dog? Cats....(Koko and Speedbump) 

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it? My art gallery simply because I created it all. 

Best SL Memory? There are so many memories of SL, but to pick one would have to be the day I first walked into the Hotel Chelsea to hear one of the many performers that play there. 



Thanks for the interview Pepper and make sure you get out to "El Qoijote" at the Hotel Chelsea to hear Pepper!

Photo by Verte Otaared




No comments:

Post a Comment