Monday, April 22, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with UGLYDALKING



DJ Uglydalking at the Velvet
I went to the Velvet and caught up with Ugly "UG" Dalking recently and not only is she a very sweet person in chat, but a great DJ to boot! I heard some Arctic Monkeys and other cool Indie tracks that were all bright and upbeat! I hope you take time to read the interview and get out to catch Ugly...and btw...if you see these pictures you know she is definitely not ugly in the literal sense! Here is UG's interview:

Are you DJing currently and where?  At the moment im DJing in two places, Spiceclub and Velvet, but im planning to play in somewhere else too. 

When did you start DJing?  I start DJing, at first to replace Chrisodd in Spiceclub, when he went for summer vacations. Was a temporary thing I thought. I was a host in that club, so he taught me all i know about DJing, when he came back he took his place. A friend of mine, who once owned a club, asked me to play sometimes, but only for temporary events, like our friends birthday parties.  Since Chrisodd got more busy in his RL, i replace him in Spiceclub when he left. Once in one of my sets in Spiceclub, Mallory went there and invited me to play in Velvet. 

First Club?  As mention before my first club was Spiceclub.  

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing?  I don't remember nothing at the moment, maybe some naked mans coming around with towels in their "wee wee" 
"UG" Djing


Favorite music?  Its a hard question because I have a lot of music I like but, "wishies" from beach house, has a special meaning for me. 

Influences?  Rock, trance, dance music, etc.  I learn always with all Dj's i meet 

What do you listen to at home?  I listen a bit of everything; since Fado, to trance, heavy metal, depends of the mood   

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set?  I have regular sets in both clubs, Spiceclub and Velvet Sundays 12 - 2 slt Spiceclub Tuesdays 1 - 3 slt Velvet Thursdays 12 - 2 slt Spiceclub 

Cream and sugar or black?  Black always 

Cat or Dog?  Cat  If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?  My beach house and the sea... Why? well cause in RL i can't have it, hehe 

Best SL Memory?  "walk" in a wheel chair around all Sl with my best friend ever and see the other people reactions!   

Thanks again Uglydalking for the interview and get to the Spice Club or over to the Velvet to see and hear UG's soon!


Photos by Pie Cartauld

No comments:

Post a Comment