Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Chrisodd


DJ Chrissodd at the Velvet


I was at Velvet last week and caught the 3-5pm DJ Chrisodd! Chrisodd laid out some great tunes and kept a very social atmosphere at the club. I was glad to meet and hear his style as it made for a very good set to play through the system at volume here at home! Here is Chrisodds interview...


Are you DJing currently and where? For now at the Velvet every Monday 3-5 pm slt 

When did you start DJing? In second life a year and a half ago, in real life I have been a DJ since 1989,with a huge interval. 

First Club? In second life it was The Spiceland's SKYCLUB.  

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing? Well I can't pretend that everything is cool DJing in sl, But the most unusual and the most touching of all was seeing a cult car in the club taking human avi form at the Skyclub one night. He was sitting in a wheel chair and then got up and started dancing. I am not usually crying but some tears came to my eyes....I was feeling honored that such a thing happened in one of my DJ sets!

Favorite music? Well, growing up I was getting more and more curious of every good release in every music genre. Now I think I am not in the position to say what moves me more.But I guess new wave/post punk/electronica axis is a compass.

Influences? I really admire some Greek radio producers that inspired me to become a DJ when I was a teenager. Now I only swim deep in the sounds and I am not in a position to listen other DJs, except of some here in sl whenever I enter the sl dimension....I admire Casey Casem though.

What do you listen to at home? I am a DJ, I am what I play. I listen to what I play.

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set? Not exactly. Usually a new release that I like starts the chain reaction that build my set every week.

When can we hear you DJ usually? Mondays 3-5 pm slt at the Velvet

Cream and sugar or black? Capuccino black ,of course.

Cat or Dog?  I grew up with cats. I like them more.

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it? Photos and some particle effects.

Best SL Memory? That Sl future brings good things sometimes. 


Thanks Chrisodd...hope to catch you again soon in that 3-5 time slot and I suggest everyone get out to hear him as well!



Photo by Pie Cartauld

No comments:

Post a Comment