Thursday, April 18, 2013

DJ Exclusive: Interview with Janus Planer


DJ Janus Planer 
I have been to the Rubb on several occasions and always seem to get the motor started there. I knew I liked Janus when I saw her "Totally Wired" group had David Lynch's Frank Booth sucking on a nitrous mask! I knew I liked her even more when I stopped by and caught her banter in chat.I really love the music that comes out of the Rubb and Janus is one of the main parts of it. Here is what Janus said.....  


Are you DJing currently and where? Where else "The Rubb"!
Gothic Janus Planer

When did you start DJing? I'll say the end of 2008. 

First Club? A lovely Ms. Jinx Paz allowed me to debut at her club "Le Cimetiere".
Which was the oldest Vampire/Demon club in SL.

Most unusual thing you saw while DJing? Well with the crew I've been known to hang with, anything can arise. I do love to watch a good game of Russian roulette. As they up their ante I like to up the music... The sound of the heart beat, then the shot from the gun & the spray of blood. One can get all charged up!  But dayum there are so many random stories! 

Favorite music?  I like all music.. From the Trashy blues to the Sultry tempos. Cock Rock to Freak Rock and all the in-betweens.  If there is a squeeze box, harmonica, cimbalom, double bass, ukulele playing and then you throw in a muffled trumpet I'm all a quiver.

Influences? Johnny Lewsey is the man who turned me onto European Trash Blues.. russodelrusso Husar got me all a titter with the Gypsy/Divine comedy sounds, Ms. Kookie Hax taught me a thing or two about the joys of Aussie music along with the oh-so naughty female singers. My ska inspirado is a Mr. Lucifer Bates and the person who lead me down te Indie path was a Miss Ingo Rosenberg from The Emerald City! 

What do you listen to at home? Everything I can get my hands on.. Trip hop, Honky tonk, Western swing, Big band, Rockabilly, Punk, Spoken word.. Damn it's what ever floats my boat at any given time.

Do you have a regular set you play, a “go to” set? No WAY!  Those are fightin' words!

When can we hear you DJ usually? Sunday Ni†es at The Rubb 8pm SLT until I fall offline.  It's usually a 2 to 5 hour set.

Cream and sugar or black? Blood

Cat or Dog? Wolves or russodelrusso's  boney feline "Napoleon"

If you could take one thing from your inventory for real-life use, what would it be, and why pick it?
My waistline.. HAhaah Ok.. My calling cards.. To always remember the amazing friends I have here.

Best SL Memory? Our sim Terre Des Mortes throws thee best Dia de los Muertos parties.. The DJ's are outstanding. The guests are so lively (considering they're DEAD) & the atmosphere is breathtaking.. I've cherished the last 4 celebrations we've thrown!

Thank you for thinking of me ;)
and remember "You get what you ask for, You get a lifetime"


Thank you Janus for the great interview and all you do in world! Come out Sundays if ya got a pair and catch her (even if you don't have a pair!)!


Top Photo by Pie Cartauld
Others photos provided by Janus Planer

No comments:

Post a Comment